Because of the complex nature of interpretation and translation, the proficiency of your employee can’t be accurately measured with in-house staff.
How can your company truly know the linguistic ability of a candidate or employee?
- Test Material Development
- Linguistic Need and Use Consulting
- Language Proficiency Testing
- Oral Proficiency Assessments
- Written Proficiency Assessments
- Reading Comprehension Testing
Gracor does linguistic proficiency testing. This helps you determine if a prospective employee or candidate is able to speak, listen, read, or write in a language and/or if the candidate can interpret or translate to/from English. Jobs such as intelligence analysts, overseas interpreters, embassy employees or government workers all need their language proficiency verified and Gracor provides outside impartial evaluations.
Evaluating and testing of interpreters and linguistic professionals provides protection from misinterpretation on the job and costly translation mistakes. It also provides the ease of mind knowing that the linguists you wish to hire have passed an established testing procedure.
- Gracor provides over 10,000 linguistic tests per year in over 100 languages (common and uncommon).
- Gracor provides Proficiency Assessments in Interpretation, Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Translation, ATP (Audio Translation Performance).
- Gracor can also work with you to provide linguistic need & use consulting and customized test material development.
- Gracor works with 25 primes/sub-contractors for the government, as well as municipalities and corporations.
- During times of crisis/priority testing, Gracor has been able to provide language testing for over 1,500 tests per month.
- Gracor is listed as a “Preferred Linguistic Testing Vendor” to INSCOM, the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command.
Gracor’s trio of testing strength
Most of our testers are ATA or Court certified. Many have themselves held positions similar to what the candidates are testing for (in-field interpreters, data or intelligence analysts, legal or medical interpreters). Our people have the expertise not only in linguistic testing but also understand the situational use.
Gracor has developed a proven testing methodology and process based on the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) skill levels. Our tests are developed to the ILR and our scoring is based on the ILR.
Our Customer Service
While Gracor provides an array of services in par with any large testing company, our Customer Service is that of a small company. We can customize tests to your specific industry or contract, we provide 24/7 point of contact support and we work with the client to assign the precise testing team for the language or dialect needed.